According to NICE, people with diabetes are 3 times more likely to be diagnosed with depression than people without it. Depression can have a serious impact on a person's well being and their ability and motivation to self-manage their condition.
Diabetes and depression
Kirklees IAPT are running a Living well with Diabetes course:
- This is a 7 session course which uses CBT based techniques to help with the low mood and anxiety often experienced by people with diabetes.
- The course covers how we currently cope with diabetes, compassion and negative thinking, sleep hygiene, depression and anxiety, worry management, becoming more active and using mindfulness as well as looking at next steps and relapse prevention.
- The course is facilitated by a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner.
- All participants will get hand-outs incorporating the key points from each session and techniques to use as well as a free relaxation CD
The next Living well with Diabetes course will run:
- Monday 3rd September 10.45-12.45
- Wednesday 19th September 13.00-14.30
These courses will run at Acre Mills, Acre Street, Huddersfield, HD3 3EB